October 8, 2014 — DNSME Team
DNS Made Easy offers key criteria and information
Gone are the days of default DNS service. Today, it’s time to weigh your options and choose what’s best for your company. Consider these five tips in picking a provider.
- Proven track record and experience. DNS is critical component of online media, which is why it is important to monitor and optimize DNS to ensure user satisfaction. Network speeds are mission-critical in providing fast resolution times for customer domains. DNS Made Easy has approximately 600,000 domains on the Internet, and is the largest enterprise DNS provider in the industry. DNS Made Easy has built a core IP Anycast+ routed DNS architecture built with Juniper Networks equipment that has provided clients with the leading up time in the industry for the past 13 years. Currently, DNS Made Easy is handling 8 billion queries a day and is expecting to exceed an average daily query volume of 13 billion within the next 18 months.
- Performance. All of DNS Made Easy systems are located at premium data facilities with multiple data providers. From a network standpoint, DNS Made Easy is in the top tier of DNS providers worldwide. We have a historical 8-year 100% uptime and an overall 99.9999% uptime history due to our 5th generation network, and continue to make significant improvements to redundancy and capacity to make sure we keep it that way. With 100% of network management being handled in-house, DNS Made Easy ensures you receive the highest quality of service possible.
- Service and Support. Managing DNS is no easy task. Unfortunately, unless you have a whole team dedicated to keeping up with the latest changes in DNS, can constantly monitor for issues as well as resolve problems, issues can easily be missed. Outsourcing your web traffic management can sometimes seem like another unnecessary cost. Outsourcing some of your services to experts that value your money and provide great ROI can often save your organization money. Uptime and fast speeds helps ensure satisfied end users, which increases website visits and reduces abandon rates. All these factors can result in increased conversion and sales.
- Investment and Innovation. DNS Made Easy constantly researches, upgrades, and redesigns their network to exceed industry standards and insure it can defend against modern security threats. DNS Made Easy invests in network infrastructure, which provides the extra edge over the competition in terms of performance and speed. The Global Traffic Director (GTD) from DNS Made Easy provides geographical source-based IP routing. This unique type of service allows GTD users to optimize and direct traffic flow based on the geographical location of their end user. This means clients in Europe can access European servers and users in United States can access US-based servers. By regionally dividing traffic among different servers or data centers users can easily increase the performance of web application and services. When users are accessing your sites and services quicker, they are given a much higher level of service, which directly relates to higher revenue, higher productivity and a competitive advantage.
- Security. In order to properly defend against attacks, be on the offensive and maintain uptime, outsourcing DNS is the best bet. DNS Made Easy thwarts attacks with an IP Anycast + system, which is a network infrastructure, made up multiple geographically distributed points of presence around the world. This routing provides global load balancing, redundancy, decreased latency, and a true distributed response to denial of service (DoS) and DDoS attacks. A network of this nature is fully redundant allowing traffic to travel the most efficient path to the destination. This creates a multi-level backup system.